Spark Something Great! 2018 Educational Grant Program
Posted on: March 14, 2018
Hypertherm’s Spark Something Great grant continues to reinforce our commitment to helping you develop the skilled metal workers of tomorrow. The purpose of this grant is to help ensure the next generation of metalworking professionals is familiar with the newest technology for plasma cutting and gouging.
2018 grant program will equip 10 schools with:
• A Powermax45® XP air plasma cutting, gouging, and marking system, a $2,270 value.
• Hypertherm’s AWS SENSE approved “Plasma Cutting Technology: Theory and Practice” curriculum kit, a $499 value.
• An initial visit by a Hypertherm District Manager to set up and train on the equipment and curriculum.
• Must be a qualified educational institution:
— Located in the U.S. or Canada.
— Public high school or secondary school, post-secondary technical or vocational school, college or university.
• Offer welding or metal fabrication course(s).
• Agree to use Hypertherm-provided products to teach plasma cutting and gouging during each welding or metal fabrication introductory course.
• Welding/fabrication program is stable and will continue to be offered for the foreseeable future.
• Winning schools and Hypertherm agree to allow mention of each other in marketing and public relations activities including printed publications, social, online, and other media.
Schools are selected based on a commitment to metal fabrication education, program need, number of students who complete the program each year, instructor plans for system use, and a student testimonial.
Applications are reviewed by a team of Hypertherm marketing, sales and training associates.
Submission deadline is April 2, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time. Hypertherm will notify grant recipients on or before May 1, 2018. Complete the grant application and submit by April 2, 2018 to Betsy Van Duyne, Hypertherm Inc., P.O. Box 5010, Hanover, NH 03755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone (800) 643-0030ext 1278.
Hypertherm is a proud supporter of welding and metal fabrication programs at select schools, colleges and universities, as well as SkillsUSA, National FFA and ACTE.